Key highlights from Broadcom Inc (AVGO) Q3 2023 Earnings Concall
- [00:02:35] AVGO mentioned Hyperscale continued to develop double-digits year-on-year, however enterprise and telcos spending moderated. Generative AI investments are driving the continued energy in hyperscale spending.
- [00:03:45] AVGO mentioned that with out the advantage of generative AI income in 3Q, its semiconductor enterprise was roughly flat year-on-year.
- [00:05:03] In 4Q, AVGO expects its networking income to speed up in extra of 20% year-on-year, pushed by the energy in generative AI deployments. The corporate forecasts generative AI income to develop about 50% sequentially and nearly 2x year-on-year in 4Q.
- [00:22:08] Vivek Arya with Financial institution of America requested if AVGO has the visibility to take care of its massive AI ASIC compute offload contract over the following a number of years, regardless of dealing with competitors from home and Taiwan-based ASIC opponents. Hock Tan CEO mentioned that dealings with particular clients can’t be disclosed, nevertheless it has long-term strategic engagements with a number of modern know-how corporations. These engagements are broad and deep, and so they contain a number of applied sciences.
- [00:24:25] Harlan Sur of J.P. Morgan requested that given the present macro surroundings, can AVGO maintain its $6 billion income run charge ex-AI over the following few quarters. Hock Tan CEO answered that the corporate can’t information past the following quarter, however can verify that AVGO is seeing a comfortable touchdown in 2023, as promised.
- [00:25:48] Ross Seymore from Deutsche Financial institution queried if the numerous sequential development in AI demand within the networking section coming from the compute offload aspect or the networking aspect. Hock Tan CEO replied that the demand for AI engines and networking options are intently linked. AI engines are usually deployed in massive clusters, wants networking options to attach them collectively. AVGO’s AI and networking options are complementary, and the corporate’s development is pushed by each.
- [00:27:56] Stacy Rasgon at Bernstein requested if the beforehand talked about 25% of semiconductor income from AI continues to be correct for subsequent 12 months and the way it may be achieved with the 2 shifting items of AI and non-AI income. Hock Tan CEO replied that AVGO expects AI income to proceed to speed up in 2023 and 2024, and the corporate nonetheless believes that AI income will likely be over 25% of semiconductor income in 2024.
- [00:30:06] Toshiya Hari with Goldman Sachs requested if the provision surroundings is a constraining issue for AVGO’s AI enterprise, and what’s the expectation for capability development in fiscal ’24. Hock Tan CEO replied that AVGO is dealing with provide constraints for its AI merchandise as a result of lengthy lead instances. The corporate can be seeing some softness in demand for its non-AI merchandise, however it’s nonetheless comparatively steady.
- [00:34:10] Karl Ackerman with BNP Paribas requested in regards to the headwinds to GM this 12 months from elevated logistics prices and provide chain constraints, and the way these components may change in 2023. Hock Tan CEO answered that the primary driver of AVGO’s GM is the tempo of adoption of next-generation merchandise. The corporate expects to see some slowdown within the adoption charge within the close to time period, nevertheless it believes that GM will proceed to develop over the long run.
- [00:39:18] Harsh Kumar of Piper Sandler requested if AVGO is beginning to see development in backlog a few 12 months out, and is China approval wanted for VMware. Hock Tan CEO clarified that it’s too early to foretell when the upcycle will occur, however AVGO is seeing some constructive indicators, equivalent to elevated bookings for generative AI and wi-fi merchandise.
- [00:44:06] Matt Ramsay at TD Cowen requested if the latest surge in Gen AI spending and enthusiasm widen AVGO’s urge for food to tackle massive tasks for different massive clients in that area and take into account customized switching routing merchandise? Hock Tan CEO mentioned that AVGO has just one massive buyer for its customized AI engines, and the corporate doesn’t anticipate this to translate to vital income. AVGO believes that service provider silicon is a greater resolution for switching and routing than customized silicon.
- [00:48:13] Christopher Rolland from Susquehanna requested what the corporate means by comfortable touchdown for the storage and broadband companies, and whether or not he expects these companies to backside out in This fall. Hock Tan CEO clarified that comfortable touchdown means reaching a plateau and AVGO’s non-AI income has been flat round $6 billion for 3 quarters in a row, and the corporate believes this can be a “comfortable touchdown” quite than a development.
- [00:52:09] Edward Snyder with Constitution Fairness queried about AVGO’s expectations for its built-in optics options, which can begin transport subsequent 12 months, and why buyers needs to be on this new market. Hock Tan CEO answered that AVGO is pioneering the usage of silicon photonics in its next-generation Tomahawk 5 change, which can begin transport in the course of subsequent 12 months. This know-how provides vital energy financial savings and reliability enhancements over conventional optical networking options.